The aluminum base and cap install system is a dry seal, multiwall polycarbonate glazing system. Aluminum base and cap profiles are used to connect multiwall sheets together, providing a finished, professional look. This system is an ideal option for installing polycarbonate sheets on structures with horizontal purlins set above rafters or trusses, arched roofs, or stud walls on metal and wood framed buildings.
Easy to install and versatile, this multiwall polycarbonate install system may be used with stud and rafter or purlin and girt framing. The aluminum base easily attaches to roof purlins or wall girts as well as to vertical rafters, trusses, or studs. (Proper blocking is required for load support.) Frames can be fabricated from wood, steel, or aluminum. The layout is the same for all frame types.
No gaskets are required with the base and cap system because multiwall polycarbonate creates a watertight seal with the base and cap profile. The sheet is fastened to the frame and the pressure of the aluminum cap against the polycarbonate creates an exceptional seal, providing a watertight installation. (Multiwall polycarbonate sheets must be installed with the slope on roof and with the ribs vertical on the walls. This is important so the ribs ‘flutes’ drain condensation. If the sheets are installed horizontally, mold may gathers. See selection guide on how to minimize condensation.)
The aluminum base and cap system is available in 8-, 16-, and 24-foot lengths. Here are a few tips for achieving a good yield:
- From 24-foot lengths, use 16-foot lengths on the roof and 8-foot lengths on the side walls of a freestanding greenhouse.
- If you have 10-foot roof sheets and 6-foot side wall sheets, use the cut offs on the end walls.
- It is fine to have joints between smaller lengths of base and cap on vertical walls. (See install guide for roof joints.)
When selecting the best base and cap length for your project, try to avoid joints on the roof. (If needed, the best way to cut aluminum base and cap profiles is with a power miter saw fitted with a multi-tooth carbide blade specifically for cutting this type of metal.)
Easily cover a greenhouse, pool enclosure, large skylight, or metal building frame with this simple and straight forward base and cap multiwall polycarbonate install system.
Base Profile: 6063 T5 Alloy Aluminum
- Cap Profile: 6063 T5 Alloy Aluminum
- Available Finishes: Mill or Anodized
- Available Lengths: 8’, 16’, 24’
- Fits Sheets: 8mm, 10mm, 16mm, 25mm
- Cap and Base Screws: Provided
* Aluminum 8’ U-Profiles and Corner Sold Separately
* Framing and Ridge Flashing Not Included
Key Product Features
- Easy-To-Install: Attached base, place polycarbonate sheet, attach cap
- Leak Proof: Aluminum cap seals tight on polycarbonate sheet.
- Cap Screws Set Quickly: Cap screws seal tight.
- Versatile: Cap screw length accommodates polycarbonate sheet thickness.
- Strong: Structure of aluminum base profile will span over and attach to purlins or girts.
Polycarbonate Base & Cap System is ideal for a variety of applications including:
- Pool Enclosure
- Porte Cochere
- Basic Base & Cap Install Guide
- Advanced Base & Cap Install Guide
- Base & Cap System | Technical Website
- Sheet Selection Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
“Formerly known as the Sundance Supply Base & Cap System”
Learn More. Get a Quote. Place Order. Call us at 765-560-3872 (DURA) or send an email to email@example.com.