Most of our products ship via one of our LTL (Less-Than-Load) Partners. There may be some instances where products are shipped via UPS or FedEx. When shipping via an LTL freight carrier, you will be asked at checkout to select Lift Gate Service. A lift gate is a motorized platform affixed to the back of a truck that raises and lowers cargo between the ground and the truck. If your purchase is being delivered to a business that has an available forklift or loading dock, you may avoid lift gate charges. If you are shipping to a residential address, we will advise you on a lift gate. (Note: Lift gate service is not always available depending on the carrier and equipment used. It is important that you let us know in advance if you require a liftgate delivery.)
- Polycarbonate and PVC sheets are shipped on either skids or in wooden crates.
- Crating provides the highest level of product protection against damage.
- Crates/Skids can be large and extremely heavy. Depending upon the size of your order, crates/skids may weigh between 500 and 2,500 pounds.
When the shipping or receiving location does not have a loading dock, manual loading or unloading is necessary. Accessorial fees will apply for this service. Applied accessorial fees from the freight carrier are the customer’s responsibility once the material is shipped.
- Please be prepared to remove a very heavy and large wooden crate/skid from the back of a semi-trailer.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to unload the crate/skid from the truck.
- The truck driver will not unload your items on the truck. The driver has a schedule and cannot spend an hour waiting for customers to offload from the truck.
- If a truck is held up at a delivery location longer than the allotted “free time”, you may be liable for a detention fee. (Free time varies depending on carrier. We recommend asking the driver upon arrival to avoid these charges.)
All transit times are estimated. Scheduling or guaranteeing delivery is available and if done after shipment can lead to applied accessorial fees from the freight carrier. If you require this option, please call us (1-765-560-3872) so that we can arrange and recalculate freight.
Please inspect all orders upon arrival. If damage is visible, document it on the delivery receipt. Be sure to count all of it. Contact us immediately if there are any discrepancies between what you ordered and what was delivered.
If there are problems with receiving your shipment or your product is damaged, please get us and the carrier involved as soon as possible. Please provide evidence of your individual situation by taking photos, saving emails, and making a record of the damage.
By checking the box, you acknowledge that you have read this agreement and understand what is required to unload your polycarbonate/PVC crate. You also agree to have the means to get the crate off the truck safely and in a timely manner, preventing damage, injury, overages, and delays.
If you would like to download a PDF version of our Shipping Policy, please click here.